Sunday, January 11, 2009

Green Apple, Cheese, and Chard Oven Omelet, p. 97



I made this for myself today, although stupid Lake Street Rainbow didn't have Swiss chard, so I went with spinach instead. It turned out really well, and I'm looking forward to the leftovers. It's a great technique - cook the veggies in a skillet, add the egg/cheese/milk mixture, then bake to finish. (Elyn's probably already a master of this one, but it was new to me.) It was ready start-to-finish in an hour, with about 20 minutes of active time.
I used a container of "Bel Gioso Four Cheese Shred" as the cheese component, and it was super tasty.
Hmm, I'm not sure I know how to add more than one picture. Oh, that seems to have worked. This is fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like a great meal. I like how you are writing the blogs. and, Nice table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you. I made the table runner myself. :) heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time try a nonstick pan. That way
    you can flip the omelet out onto a pan.

    ReplyDelete