Friday, January 9, 2009

Corn Chowder, p. 62, on 12/29/2008

I made the corn chowder (p. 62) on 12/29/2008 for supper, served with bake-at-home French bread. The chowder was really good. I browned bacon (can you substitute turkey bacon in dishes like this?--I have never tried) that I had chopped up, then reserved the bacon and tossed out most of the fat. I didn't add the olive oil--just browned the onion and herbs in the tiny bit of leftover bacon fat.I added the bacon bits back in when I added the potato. Followed the rest of the recipe pretty faithfully, except I forgot to sprinkle on parsley at the end (even though I bought it for $1.59 at the most expensive grocery store...). I even bought Green Giant frozen Niblets as Lynn suggests. I might buy cheaper corn next time...or just wait for summer to use fresh corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment