Friday, January 23, 2009

Chicken Curry with Gentle Spices


I made the chicken curry on Thursday night. I followed the recipe pretty faithfully, except that I used my blender to make the curry paste since I don't have a food processor. But that seemed to work well - better than I expected. I didn't make rice but instead ate it with Trader Joe's naan - both seemed too carb intensive.
The dish was tasty and was done in about an hour, but I'm not sure that I'd make it again. It wasn't craveworthy for some reason. Perhaps the Penzey's cinnamon that I used was too strong. Or perhaps it's the fact that except for some onion it's just chicken in sauce and I prefer some veggies with my curry. I'm taking a vegetarian Indian cooking class with Mike on Monday night, so perhaps I'll get some good curry recipes there. For now I'll have to be content with the leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I would serve it with both rice and naan--carbtastic!

    ReplyDelete