Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pasta with Chopping Board Pistachio Pesto

I made this Sunday night. I followed the recipe quite closely, or at least I tried to. When I went shopping at Rainbow, they had NO basil. Not plants, not in packages, not organic, none. So I ended up using the little frozen basil cubes I had from Trader Joe's. Oh, and I put the cheese on top rather than stirring it in.
It didn't take long, about 30 minutes, and tasted quite good. My only comment is that Lynn Rosetto Kasper likes pasta a lot - lots of pasta, very little sauce or other stuff. Which I guess is common for pesto, but with the onions and nuts and all I thought there would be more stuff. I think you could make this recipe and use half a box of pasta instead of the whole box.

2 comments:

  1. pistachios?! you're living on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard about that after I had made this. And I'm still eating the leftovers. I'm a rebel.

    ReplyDelete